USB keyring

Nia

we picked up a USB keyring from a cache somewhere don't ask why. Does it have any use, or is it just a keyring???

If it is just a keyring, and I think it is, when you plug it in your PC you can't use your keys, so what's the point?

anyone?

I wish it was, but alas its just a bit of see-through green plastic with no chips or anything inside, and a USB plug on the end. You had me very excited for a while as i tried in vain to see it there was any data on it.

It could be a freebee from a computer show. I was at one last year where this company was promoting a USB security device which you could put on a keyring. They were giving away dummies with no electronics in for free and if you went to their stand you could buy a real one.

These were opaque and purple though, so it's not what you've got, but yours might be a dummy version of somebody else's product.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

If it is just a keyring, and I think it is, when you plug it in your PC you can't use your keys, so what's the point?

anyone?

Well, if you attach your PC to your keyring, you're unlikely to lose your car keys whilst geocaching. icon_wink.gif

spog

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

anyone?

Well, if you attach your PC to your keyring, you're unlikely to lose your car keys whilst geocaching. icon_wink.gif

spog