New suggestions for EarthCaches

Neos2

I agree that this optional guidance is easy to implement.

Though I kind of rolled my eyes about the character counts. So I am to assume finders have only a basic knowledge of geology BUT I also should make my UNIQUE cache pages shorter like they ones they made in the olden days.  You know, the golden days of earthcaching, back when earthcache creators found an information sign, made people answer questions directly based on the information from that sign (or signs), and maybe have them answer a question about what animals they saw on their visit that day. Or the ones that have a commonly used diagram on their cache page to identify what type of WATERFALL or WETLAND we are looking at. 

Perhaps the geocaching guidelines and the earthcache guidelines should sync up more to make it clear for BOTH the hiders and the finders.

Give clear timelines and procedures for both the hider and cache owner that has to be followed for a before a log gets deleted.

It should be clear that if someone makes observations, sends send their logging requirements, that right or wrong, they will not be hasseled or deleted. There should be a timeline that the cache owner has to bring up logging requirement problems, so that one day months down the road they wake up and have a problem with your answers they can't delete you. That If a cache finder has to send answers in, it probably should be required that the cache owner responds. It's polite. Also.. maybe not a requirement, but some language preventing cacheowners from panhandling for more intersting logs or favorite points when they respond to answers. It's just tacky.

That if a photo is required on an earthcache, the sender should have the option of emailing, messaging it, or posting it to their logs. Also caches should not require more than one Required photo per earthcache.

• Upvote 2