Bookcrossing

What does everyone think of Bookcrossing in conjunction with caching? Basically, you register a book on www.bookcrossing.com then release it into the wild by leaving it somewhere with a label stating its been registered. When someone finds it they read the book, register they found it then release it back into the wild again. Its a little similar to a travelbug in that you can track the books progress via the bookcrossing site.

I left a registered book in "Coombe and Find Me (Hungerford)" when we first started geocaching however, its still there in the cache and I wondered if it was because people didnt know what they were supposed to do with it?

Any thoughts?

Tiffany

I picked up a book from a cache a few weeks ago (can't remember which one) and it had this Bookcrossing label on it.

I've recently finished it and have placed it in another cache. I registered the move on Bookcrossing. I can't see any problems with this process as anything in a cache is game for a move (except the logbook/pencil).

Maybe people aren't taking the book because it isn't to their taste.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by McDehack:

Hang on! I have got to read it first.

Oops, sorry, I got carried away just then icon_wink.gif

quote:
Then I should find out from the Book Crossing site what sort of books get Crossed.I expect that I could leave books in a cab (He He).

Actually, thats not a bad idea at all, specially if you put a post-it note on the front saying "Take me!" Books of any genre get released into the wild, if there isnt a catagory for the book you wish to release then I believe you can make one icon_smile.gif

Tiffany

quote:
Originally posted by McDehack:

Hang on! I have got to read it first.

Oops, sorry, I got carried away just then icon_wink.gif

quote:
Then I should find out from the Book Crossing site what sort of books get Crossed.I expect that I could leave books in a cab (He He).

Actually, thats not a bad idea at all, specially if you put a post-it note on the front saying "Take me!" Books of any genre get released into the wild, if there isnt a catagory for the book you wish to release then I believe you can make one icon_smile.gif

Tiffany