Time to get serious

OK, we've tried Geocaching whilst carrying a 22kg child and it ain't pretty. So what we need is a serious, bona-fide, ALL terrain pushchair.

It needs to scale tall mountains and ford deep rivers, climb sheer rock and........OK, I'm getting carried away here but you get the idea.

Recommendations welcome for a large-wheeled, robust, proper off-road buggy (please don't tell me about the namby-pamby BMW X5 soft roader equivalents) icon_wink.gif

Well..

You got one.. is called MAM.. plus they do all things push chair can't

Wash up, do laundry, cook.. blah blah blah..

as a bonus they can be fun..

An on a serious note.. recon any of the Landrover range.. An they are British..

After that.. pass.. cos my kidds are grown an flown the coup.. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss de Boss... Sorta

We considered the Landrover but check this out:

"Regrettably the Land Rover ATPs are no longer manufactured.

Silver Cross, who made the Land Rover ATPs, ceased production after their parent company ran into financial difficulties and it is expected that their factory will close completely in November 2002."

So, anyone with a Landrover pushchair better make sure it doesn't break (which was a pretty tall order for my old Range Rover, that broke down all the time) icon_rolleyes.gif!

After my usual exhaustive reading up on a subject we've bought a Mountain Buggy "Terrain" which is a light, strong buggy and comes recommended by several sources.

We took it caching today for the first time (Tump,in hidden here) and it handled the stubble field and changing levels very well. If we'd taken our stroller on this cache then it would have been very hard work; the new buggy made very light work of it.

The key seems to be low weight and large wheel size, plus of course a robust construction. Cheap it ain't, but it'll see Charlie to yomping age.