AL Platform new contradiction

MOSWI

On both Friday and Sunday, March 15 & 17, I received a message announcing, “New adventures near me” and instructions to “Go find them”. A quick search of the Adventure Lab app resulted in no new ALs within 125 km of my home location. The search did, however, result in 2 ALs which, judging by the dates on the reviews, had been published 1.5 to 2 weeks previous and for which I had received no notifications.

This morning, Monday, March 18, I received notice of a new Unknown (Mystery) Cache which just happened to be a Bonus to a new AL. No notice of a new AL but upon checking the app it showed up 15 km from my home location.

This is not the first time I have experienced this scenario. Each time it happens I search multiple times a day, I sign out of the app and back in again, and I have even deleted the AL app and reinstalled it. My phone is a 3-year-old Motorola G stylus updated to the latest android version.

This entire process is becoming tedious and quite frankly very annoying. When will Groundspeak get their act together and fix this platform and/or expand it to run on more that a mobile device?

17 minutes ago, MOSWI said:

On both Friday and Sunday, March 15 & 17, I received a message announcing, “New adventures near me” and instructions to “Go find them”. A quick search of the Adventure Lab app resulted in no new ALs within 125 km of my home location. The search did, however, result in 2 ALs which, judging by the dates on the reviews, had been published 1.5 to 2 weeks previous and for which I had received no notifications.

This morning, Monday, March 18, I received notice of a new Unknown (Mystery) Cache which just happened to be a Bonus to a new AL. No notice of a new AL but upon checking the app it showed up 15 km from my home location.

This is not the first time I have experienced this scenario. Each time it happens I search multiple times a day, I sign out of the app and back in again, and I have even deleted the AL app and reinstalled it. My phone is a 3-year-old Motorola G stylus updated to the latest android version.

This entire process is becoming tedious and quite frankly very annoying. When will Groundspeak get their act together and fix this platform and/or expand it to run on more that a mobile device?

I can tell you from personal experience that this has happened to me multiple times when someone makes the AL live and then immediately changes their decision for whatever reason. So I'd get a notification for a new adventure lab, and it is immediately gone from the app. 

*20 miles is the notification distance

Edited by Max and 99

I am not convinced this explains the new AL I found this morning but for which I received no notification.  Also, how did you find out that 20 miles (32 km) is the notification distance?