How do you make homemade custom Swag

Coumpter

3 hours ago, coumpter said:

How do you make one and what materials do you use please include a picture if you have one

Here's a thread where I've posted pictures of my custom Swag.

Are you crafty or can you use a paint pen and draw cool little things you think people will like?  If so, find objects that are small enough to fit most cache containers that Swag is in, and paint stuff.  Waterproof or weatherproof materials are good. And if you get them inexpensively or free, even better.

Even if you are artistic, you may have little items that you collect, and place those.  Or clip your findings together to create a theme.  Add that and a little note tag in a tiny ziplock bag, and maybe tell what the item is in case people don't know.  For example, I have a lot of little fossils and sea-polished agates, but they're not gem quality, they're Swag quality.  I may include information on what it is (because it looks like a "rock").  It's fun to discover Swag placed by cachers I've heard of, I think that's pretty cool.

Do you have access to a machine or tool that you could make cool trinkets with?  For example, I have a pin button machine, circle cutter, and a bahzillion parts to make buttons.  Whenever I think of some button that I'd like to place as Swag, I can make some super fast.

Consider serializing your items, number them.  Totally optional.  But I do that on a lot of my Signtature Item series because I noticed that Geocachers kinda love numbers. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

image.png.68c43cee075aeda1b5c6ca8361c727a3.png

I like making rocks using paint pens as a signature item but you can easily customise some store bought things as well like a 10 pack of cars I got from one beyond (UK shop AKA Poundland) and you could put stickers on them or like I dd just put a number on the bottoms of them to make them collectable 

cars with a smily rock and half finished bumble bee

bgYPtPnwOiKIsdpaK0X6WGzqNw9dhRpqn0Y-EzI_3SguxtneIt1NUmV1IkVqRBx8TbNcCqtoHhMUgGduTJFVsuYlJhFRVqtYtWL7cqHVbo4C4zYnbHesne5_82Ufbhk-rYgudYHzQa8FEqN4IJtcV6o

back of a rock (customised)

CVWZVwtS0K3CTRTloWqBFFmyIhpBeaJP9lDxIYHXuFyJyOAlKHNfMPY9rR7zVjOh_djlglS6pouufuIANwOfMAiu-AJVHWYnnh2JcLADcQRwNdzYbpH7CVCTbxXx-bRqYBruwolWDPZITn0l9N22noE

• Helpful 2