Rating Geocaches

I'd really like a facility in the "Found It" function to be able to rate a Geocache. This rating should then be averaged and displayed along with the "owner configurable" characteristics of terrain and difficulty.

This descriptor of quality/enjoyment/location would then be a useful guide to anyone planning a caching trip.

Can anyone tell me if this has been tried before?

Jeremy, is this possible?

How does everyone else feel?

Don't really think that it would be a useful tool. I think that we have already found out that different people like different things about different caches.

I've already made my dislike for forest caches well known and as such would probably mark that kind of cache pretty low. Someone else might quite like it and averaging my low mark with their high one would result in a pretty average marking that would not be a useful indication to anyone.

I read the logs already posted and you can usually get a fair idea from that whether it's a good cache or not.

Apart from anything else, it also opens up the door to "why does XYZ always rate my caches badly. What have I ever done to him?" type of reaction. I'd say, leave things as they are. It works pretty well as it is.

Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave & Nicky:

I'd really like a facility in the "Found It" function to be able to rate a Geocache.

first, theres a forum for discussing changes you'd like.

second, that idea has been tossed around a couple times before, if you would run a search you can read all about what everyone elase thinks.... icon_wink.gif

quote:

I'd really like a facility in the "Found It" function to be able to rate a Geocache.

first, theres a forum for discussing changes you'd like.

second, that idea has been tossed around a couple times before, if you would run a search you can read all about what everyone elase thinks.... icon_wink.gif

quote:

Welch thanks for the info.

For everyone else interested here's the link, I suggest all further debate on that live thread rather than here.

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=1660965814&r=1540932424#1540932424

that would be one of the previos threads on "ratings",

but theres the forum for new features wanted

called geocaching.com discussion, it is the 5th one from the top.