Accessing Archived Geoart Picture

skyekeyes

Hi, all. 

I'm working on a challenge cache that requires I complete five geoarts.  I have completed five now and want to screenshot all of the smiley outlines for my log, but one of them has been archived.  Someone told me once, don't know how true it is, that there is a way to see archived caches on the GC map, possibly using some specific URL...?

Thanks for any guidance, suggestions, or, if you have to, "you've got to be kidding"...lol :D

Edited by skyekeyes

If you have the coordinates of one cache in the archived Geoart, you can use Project-GC's Map compare feature against an account that has not found any caches (Geocaching HQ Admin springs to mind) with "One Found" and select the additional "Filter" to show disabled/archived and around a specific radius of the cache they have coordinates for.

Edited by lazyuncle
47 minutes ago, capsai said:

I think there is a way via Project-GC but to be honest i guess that your challenge idea is somehow against the challenge guidelines and will not be published.

Thanks for the reply, and my post may be poorly worded.  I'm not looking to publish any caches.  I simply want to get a picture of the archived geoart on the GC map.

30 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

An easier way is to put the geoart caches in a list, create a PQ from that list, then preview the PQ and map its caches. This includes archived caches. You can also go directly to the PQ map in the Browse map by clicking on Pocket Queries in the top left corner.

There's 49 caches in the art, and they are all listed in my "found it" list. Is there an easier way than opening each individual cache page and selecting "add to list"?  

50 minutes ago, lazyuncle said:

If you have the coordinates of one cache in the archived Geoart, you can use Project-GC's Map compare feature against an account that has not found any caches (Geocaching HQ Admin springs to mind) with "None Found" and select the additional "Filter" to show disabled/archived and around a specific radius of the cache they have coordinates for.

Woo-hoo, happy dance and all that stuff!  That did the trick.  I love Project-GC but there are so many tools I still don't know about.  Thank you so much. :D

7 minutes ago, skyekeyes said:

There's 49 caches in the art, and they are all listed in my "found it" list. Is there an easier way than opening each individual cache page and selecting "add to list"?  

If you go to your list of finds in your Profile, there's a checkbox next to each one and a button up the top to add checked caches to a list.

image.png.ed967ca49a03367481955eb6552d7ef5.png

If the caches are well spread out amongst your finds, you can add filters to limit the ones displayed, such as cache type or "Geocache name contains".

46 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

If you go to your list of finds in your Profile, there's a checkbox next to each one and a button up the top to add checked caches to a list.

image.png.ed967ca49a03367481955eb6552d7ef5.png

If the caches are well spread out amongst your finds, you can add filters to limit the ones displayed, such as cache type or "Geocache name contains".

Oh, cool!  Another option.  I didn't even think to look at my profile list.  I was just looking at "My Finds" on my dashboard. 

I did use lazyuncle's suggestion on using Map Compare on Project-GC, and that worked too.  You all are so helpful!

Edited by skyekeyes