.KMZ/.KML files - eTrex 22x

Howdy folks!

Recently I've bought my first handheld GPS device - Garmin eTrex 22x.

Is it possible to somehow read the .kml/.kmz files on it without using Garmin Base Camp software?

Even when I put the file in "CustomMap" directory, my device seems like not seeing it at all...

Hope for an answer.

Edited by Classik13
On 1/16/2024 at 4:17 PM, StefandD said:

I never used an online converter, so I can't answer that question. If I want to convert something I use JaVaWa RTWtool.

Though it's discontinued, it still works perfectly. I use the Windows version, it seems that the Mac version doesn't work for Catalina and above.

thank you for an answer!

Google Earth, of course, eats KML/KMZ as it's where that format originated. (Well, technicaly the "K" is "Keyhole" - the company Google bought whose product became Google Earth.)

GPSBabel can read and write KML and eleventy hundred other formats, manipulate the date, and write them in the same variety. It's been open source and cross-platform since it was created some 22/23 years ago by a Very Awesome Dude, so if you don't like the way it works, you're free to customize it.

• Upvote 1