Travel Bug Goals

aktiv

Unless travel bugs have a note atached to the that say what their goals are, it's easy to pick one up and then find out later that the goals don't quite fit with where you can take them.

I've just brought a bug back from Minnesota. After I picked it up, I found the it's goal was to see the 50 states of the USA.

After I brought it here I emailed the owner who was delighted that his bug has got over here and was more than happy to change the goals of the bug.

Alex.

[This message was edited by Kimrobin on April 19, 2002 at 08:49 AM.]

I recently took The Brittania Bear Travel Bug from Lofty at the GP by Nia, I have a friend who visiting Texas in July so I will keep it til then when he goes and the Bugs goal will be achieved,,,thing is I have to lend my GPS to him,,,I think I am putting alot into this bugs goal being acheived because it will mean 2weeks with no GPS, I hope the bug owner doesn't mind me keeping him til then,

Pid xx

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan + Pid)

Try telling our 4 children that after the half mile hike they cant take the travel bug as we are going the wrong way. NO CHANCE.

They love finding bugs and we allways take them and then try to do our best to help them.

We have found 10 so far!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Pid:

I recently took The Brittania Bear Travel Bug from Lofty at the GP by Nia, I have a friend who visiting Texas in July so I will keep it til then when he goes and the Bugs goal will be achieved,,,thing is I have to lend my GPS to him,,,I think I am putting alot into this bugs goal being acheived because it will mean 2weeks with no GPS, I hope the bug owner doesn't mind me keeping him til then,

Two weeks without a GPSr, that is a noble sacrifice. icon_smile.gif

If you're worried about keeping the TB until July, why not e-mail the owner and ask him/her what he/she thinks? If they say it's OK then fine, if they say not OK then put the travel bug in a cache somewhere. If they get angry and call you names, dismember the bug and place the pieces in several caches icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

1. I have not found a TB myself.

2. Dont know what throw away logon is but I guess you are right.

3. First time I`ve chance to visit forum since first posting.

My point is should geocahers read up on the TB before taking or take TB then read up some goals are quite specific.

icon_cool.gif