Birmingham Cache Hunt

lathama

I have been planning this for quite a while now and have almost complied a selection of hiding places around birmingham.

One twist this time though there will be a set route (like a multi cache) and in each mini cache is the location (lat and Long) of the next.

So in other words this is a race. The final cache will give co-ords of the finish - this is where the grub will be.

Who's interested???

So you should set a date, say a weekend in October and then say "who's interested in coming on this date" to see how many people will turn up.

When we organised the Winchester meet we went the other way. We had a big discussion about when to have the meet which lasted about a month and four pages of forum (well, I exagerate but not by much). Even then we still managed to pick a date when some people couldn't come.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

Firstly i realise that date wise it is mid week but working all weekend and the day being during half term i thought that this could be an event which families could also enjoy (if they have youg children) but can't m,ake weeked events (like me) due to work.

Secondly, i am not sure about this chuffer there is a simple way to get round it ..... you will not be speeding anyway so the race format is more a driving at normal speed thing whilst being timed - which i am sure most have been driven somewhere and known they have to be there for a certain time icon_smile.gif

Firstly i realise that date wise it is mid week but working all weekend and the day being during half term i thought that this could be an event which families could also enjoy (if they have youg children) but can't m,ake weeked events (like me) due to work.

Secondly, i am not sure about this chuffer there is a simple way to get round it ..... you will not be speeding anyway so the race format is more a driving at normal speed thing whilst being timed - which i am sure most have been driven somewhere and known they have to be there for a certain time icon_smile.gif