Trackable was marked missing but now it is not missing.

Hughie250

A trackable of mine was some how was marked missing on the trackable page, might have been me. A geocacher picked it up and placed it in a geocache but could not log it to get the smiley. I went to try removing the missing notation but could not in the drop down menu on trackable page. No answers to this type on Help page. Anyone run into this??? 

8 minutes ago, Hughie250 said:

A trackable of mine was some how was marked missing on the trackable page, might have been me. A geocacher picked it up and placed it in a geocache but could not log it to get the smiley. I went to try removing the missing notation but could not in the drop down menu on trackable page. No answers to this type on Help page. Anyone run into this??? 

On my trackable that was marked missing, one of the log options is to move it to the last location. From there can things be corrected?

Edited by Max and 99
36 minutes ago, Hughie250 said:

There is a process that a cacher must follow to log properly Trackables:  https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=30&pgid=151

Basically, the cacher would first make a Grab log (because it was "Missing"), and this places the item into the Cacher's Inventory.  Then, the cacher makes a Drop log into the cache where it is physically placed.  This can be done even after making the cache log, by editing the log.

Without any knowing any specifics about the trackable, it's tough to guess what exactly went wrong.  But if it was in fact placed into a cache, a future cacher can do the same steps to return it to play.  Good luck!

• Upvote 3

Your trackable is not marked missing on the trackable page. Very confused. The person who just physically put it in a geocache can grab it from the person who last held it then drop it in the geocache online. 

Maybe I'm totally missing something!

Edit: looks like black dog grabbed it and took care of things! Happy Travels, Frown. 

Edited by Max and 99