Android - App crashing on map page

K3NT1

Edit: It's fixed for me now, map working fine in Geocaching 9.42 on Android 14 (AP11)

Original post:

Google Pixel 7  - Android 14 (U1B2.230922.013)

Geocaching 9.39.0

Hello!
My app is slowing down rapidly when i move the map around, until it completely crash the phone.

I took a little video to show you : 

Edited by K3NT1
Fixed
  • Upvote 1

I'm having this as well in a pixel 7 pro.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the map and am running android 14 with November patches. The app has location access.

The map loads and then the caches are shown but when I try an manipulate the map (move or zoom) the phone gets very laggy and then the whole phone freezes (no access to recent apps or notification screen) after a while I get an error saying the process system isn't responding. If I tap on stop and continue to wait in the end the geocache app closes and my phone is responsive again.

Thanks

Edited by staffsmatt
Slight error in timeline of error
  • Upvote 1
On 11/26/2023 at 9:00 AM, staffsmatt said:

I'm having this as well in a pixel 7 pro.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the map and am running android 14 with November patches. The app has location access.

The map loads and then the caches are shown but when I try an manipulate the map (move or zoom) the phone gets very laggy and then the whole phone freezes (no access to recent apps or notification screen) after a while I get an error saying the process system isn't responding. If I tap on stop and continue to wait in the end the geocache app closes and my phone is responsive again.

Thanks

It's fixed for me now, don't know about you ?

Hello,

I updated the app to 9.49.0 version a few days ago and since then the app is becoming laggy on swiping the map and then crashing, automatically closing. I have Redmi Note 9 Pro, MIUI 14 with Android 12. I've tried clearing the cache, data, and reinstalling the app. But no result. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.