EB1257 recovery question

outdoorsoccer

Hi All,

I was wondering if you all could please help me with a question for EB1257 before I submit my recovery and photos.    The data sheet lists the marker as Bench Mark Disk, but there is a note in the recovery section in 1993 that says the station is a drill mark in a granite ledge.  Which do I report?  I took a close-up of the disk and drill mark separately, but totally forgot to take a close-up photo of both of them in the view (was in a bit of a rush to get daughter to soccer game 2.5 hrs away).  I have a distance picture showing both items mentioned in the datasheet.  Any help and/or advice is appreciated.   Thank you in advance for your help.   -Outdoorsoccer

EB1257-TT_32_H-2_28OCT23.jpg

Report what you see. The marker type is Disk, and Designation is TT 32 H, which is what is stamped on the disk. I'd say disk in good condition. You could also say Drill mark mentioned in 1993 also present.

I have no idea why South Carolina Geodetic Survey would mention the drill hole in a report for this PID, and suspect a misinterpretation of the field notes by someone in the office who submitted the report.  Maybe there was an older drill mark before the disk was set in 1934? How old is the building?

I question whether a mark so near a building would be suitable for satellite observation.

• Helpful 1

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I don't know how old the building, but will try and find out.  Everything seemed to match the datasheet, except for the drill hole mention.  I will report what I saw. 

The mark was not suitable for satellite observation as it was under a covered area.

Thank you for your help and advice.