Family of a Dedicated Bench

bluesnote

Just a short time ago, I got an email from a mother who memorialized her son by created a dedicated bench, of which I waymarked several years back: https://Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm14TWX_John_Moran_Jr_Charlestown_MD

The email said this:

"Thank you for Waymarking my sons memorial bench. At least I think you did this. It is in Charlestown Maryland where John lived. I am not sure how it happened and just know that I am so thankful for you. It says you were the poster of the waymark and I don't know how any of this works. He is so missed, my only son, was getting married, just purchased his first home. Anyhow you have no idea how much this means to me."

I often wondered if any of the memorials I waymarked would be seen by family members or friends of the person. Quite frankly, Waymarking is the only place that catalogues these things which not only posts the location of the memorial, but also puts them in a catalogue database for the world to see. I am very humble to have created this waymark and to see John's legacy come full circle. Has anyone been contacted by the family of a memorial you waymarked? This is the first time for me.

I have yet to respond to John's mother, but I will post an update soon!

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, bluesnote said:

Just a short time ago, I got an email from a mother who memorialized her son by created a dedicated bench, of which I waymarked several years back: https://Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm14TWX_John_Moran_Jr_Charlestown_MD

The email said this:

"Thank you for Waymarking my sons memorial bench. At least I think you did this. It is in Charlestown Maryland where John lived. I am not sure how it happened and just know that I am so thankful for you. It says you were the poster of the waymark and I don't know how any of this works. He is so missed, my only son, was getting married, just purchased his first home. Anyhow you have no idea how much this means to me."

I often wondered if any of the memorials I waymarked would be seen by family members or friends of the person. Quite frankly, Waymarking is the only place that catalogues these things which not only posts the location of the memorial, but also puts them in a catalogue database for the world to see. I am very humble to have created this waymark and to see John's legacy come full circle. Has anyone been contacted by the family of a memorial you waymarked? This is the first time for me.

I have yet to respond to John's mother, but I will post an update soon!

I sure have! I've been contacted by the creators of sculptures, memorials, and a sundial. It's also incredibly rewarding to be contacted by someone who has a close connection to what I've waymarked, like serving with the veteran in the military. 

One mother who has a beautiful sculpture dedicated to her daughter who passed away even provided me a photo to add to the waymark.