How can I recall an AdLab that I didn't complete with the App?

albertpang

My exact example... I started working on "A Trip Eastbound on the 401" in July 2022. I just completed the first spot then and the next one in another trip on Hwy401 in Sept. Recently, I should have a chance to do the next one. But on the spot, I was frustrated by the App. Since there is no Lab code (like GCxxxx for a geocache) for a quick search for the parent info page.   I did use the Filter feature with "In progress" status but it responded a message like "no adventures in the area... try a different location". As I guessed, the App looked for the adventures at the local position where I was but I was expecting a child page of the third leg I was doing on the spot. 

Seeking some advice and assistance. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, albertpang said:

My exact example... I started working on "A Trip Eastbound on the 401" in July 2022. I just completed the first spot then and the next one in another trip on Hwy401 in Sept. Recently, I should have a chance to do the next one. But on the spot, I was frustrated by the App. Since there is no Lab code (like GCxxxx for a geocache) for a quick search for the parent info page.   I did use the Filter feature with "In progress" status but it responded a message like "no adventures in the area... try a different location". As I guessed, the App looked for the adventures at the local position where I was but I was expecting a child page of the third leg I was doing on the spot. 

1. You can scan the map to areas you have recently been to?

2. Go to your my labs page. From your public profile click on your finds and then the adventure labs. This will show a list of every single adventure lab location you have found. I would start by looking at anything that's not a 5 (for completed stages). 

Either of these methods should only take a minute or two. 

51 minutes ago, albertpang said:

Here you go:

Let's go on this Adventure: A Trip Eastbound on the 401 https://adventurelab.page.link/eghb

I believe the OP is stating a different problem, in trying to resume (in the field) a partially-completed Adlab which consists of widely-separated stages.  I have encountered this situation a number of times.  For example, consider this hypothetical (for illustration purposes) example:

Suppose a CO created a five-stage non-sequential Adlab in the state of Texas, with the first stage in Houston, then subsequent stages in Laredo, El Paso, Amarillo, and Dallas.  This is the "adventure" that the CO wants you to have, and "purists" will insist that you shouldn't be doing any other Adlabs while this one is in progress (to which I don't agree, but that's another topic).

You happen to be in Houston and discover this Adlab and begin it in earnest, but note the distances involved and are only able to complete the Houston stage, leaving the other stages for "some other time."   Some months later, after living geo-life, accumulating lots of other caches and Adlabs, you find yourself in El Paso and suddenly remember that there is an Adlab stage there from some Adlab you started a long time ago.

You open up the app and it shows you in El Paso.   You search around El Paso, but the stage doesn't show up because the starting location (to resume) is back in Houston, a fact that you might have forgotten.

So, you start scrolling the map around the state of Texas trying to find that starting location again---and then suddenly remember it was in Houston!  You scroll to Houston and are greeted by what seems a zillion green pins, one of which might be the one you are looking for.

You utter a few incomprehensible and choice comments, but change to the "list view", and then start scrolling scroll through the seemingly endless list of Adlabs trying to remember the name of that pesky Adlab---and somehow stumble upon it, select it, and resume the Adlab, and you can then look for that El Paso stage.

What a fun adventure!

You can indeed (as previously stated) open a web browser, login to your "my labs" page, scroll around looking for the stage you already completed, click on the link that takes you to the Adlab starting page (on the web), then use your handy-dandy QR-code reader to activate the app with that particular Adlab.  Doable, but not particularly user-friendly in the field when all you have in your hand is your smartphone with the app.

Of course, there are a number of work-arounds involving other websites, GSAK, etc, but the point here is to identify issues as a result of exclusively using the app.

Having said all this, the OP asked for recommendations.  Here's my input for your next Hwy 401 stage:

1.  Before leaving home, find the Adlab on your "my labs" page as described by Max & 99.  Print out the QR code and take it with you.

2.  Embark on your trip.  Then, anytime you want to load that particular Adlab, you only need to scan that QR-code and the app will open right to it, and you can do that as often as needed.

Clunky, but it works----remember, you are having an adventure!

Edited by TommyGator

Yes, my case is similar to your hypothetical (for illustration purposes) example. I have similar in-progress AdLabs in Kingston, Ontario and Banff, Alberta also. 

Thanks TommyGator, Max and 99. Both recommendations are helpful to me. I now can make quick links for my own reference.