"I love.." Wherigo - help with building one

Kamčatak

Hi, I want to make my first Wherigo and even though I went through several guides, some things are still unclear to me. Can somebody help me?

I am using Urwigo program and I am making the type of Wherigo from the "I ♥.." series, each dedicated to a city. 

It is sort of a tourist guide, except that the player cannot see the zones and has to discover a minimum number of the zones, e.g. 10 zones out of 40. There are no further tasks. Once he discovers his 10th zone, he receives the coordinates for the geocache.

I have successfully created all the zones but now I am stuck on how to create the task and conditions to fulfil the task.

Thanks for any advice.

Well, you could:

- make a variable, initialized to 0

- whenever the user enters a zone, increment the variable by 1

- if at any point the variable is 10, then the user has visited 10 zones, so give them the coordinates

But that has potential issues, ie. one might be able to re-visit a previously-visited zone. You’d also need to “turn off” the zones after each visit. This could be a bit finicky, so I believe that the way other “I ❤️…” cartridges handle this is like this:

- make a variable for each zone, all initialized to 0

- when the user enters a zone, set the corresponding variable to 1

- if the sum of all the variables is ever greater than or equal to 10, then the user has visited 10 zones, so give them the coordinates

Perhaps use the Lights Out kit on Wherigo//kit?  Create all 40 zones in one zone group, then edit the zone group itself and say 10 zones must be visited prior to going to the next zone group.  Make a second zone group with just the cache zone.  You're done.  You could export the GWZ from Kit into Urwigo and see what it did.  (If I wasn't making Kit's code builder-friendly, I would have implemented it in a far easier way.)

At times, Kit is useful.