WebWiGo and save files?

Team Hugs

Does anyone know if there's a way for WebWiGo to save progress, like you'd create a save file if you were running the cartridge live?

I'm trying to run a rather ... (*ahem*) ... difficult Wherigo through the emulator, and it'd be much easier to complete if I could save progress along the way.

4 hours ago, Team Hugs said:

Does anyone know if there's a way for WebWiGo to save progress, like you'd create a save file if you were running the cartridge live?

I'm trying to run a rather ... (*ahem*) ... difficult Wherigo through the emulator, and it'd be much easier to complete if I could save progress along the way.

The Wherigo player in Geooh GO auto saves for you. 

11 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

The Wherigo player in Geooh GO auto saves for you. 

That's nice ... but I'm looking for an emulator like WebWiGo that would allow me to run the cartridge from my couch.   (I apologize for being unclear in my original post.)

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Team Hugs said:

That's nice ... but I'm looking for an emulator like WebWiGo that would allow me to run the cartridge from my couch.   (I apologize for being unclear in my original post.)

Does running an Android app on a laptop including a GPS spoofing app from your couch count? 

11 minutes ago, SpiritGuide said:

Does running an Android app on a laptop including a GPS spoofing app from your couch count? 

How do you do that on a Windows laptop?  I wasn't aware you could run Android apps from Windows.   (Plus, of course, the GPS spoofing app.)

On 7/18/2023 at 4:00 AM, Team Hugs said:

How do you do that on a Windows laptop?  I wasn't aware you could run Android apps from Windows.   (Plus, of course, the GPS spoofing app.)

Im not really know how to run Android Apps from Windows. I tried it some years ago without success with bluestacks.

GPS spoofing is a good possibility, but for me it was always annoying to change the app always when I want to move. Maybe it is possible run and display the player and the spoofing app at the same time when you have it on Windows. 

The free and OpenSource App WhereYouGo will also save your state and write it into files, which you can found in the directory where you put the .gwc (On newer android versions that could be a bit difficult to view the directory)

On 7/18/2023 at 3:44 AM, SpiritGuide said:

What is the difference between an emulator and a player? 

A player is a player to play the WIG, with an emulator you can emulate the players behavior, like GPS position. You have also a console output which can be very helpful for bugfixing. 

So the player is for players, the emulator for development. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, capoaira said:

The free and OpenSource App WhereYouGo will also save your state and write it into files, which you can found in the directory where you put the .gwc (On newer android versions that could be a bit difficult to view the directory)

A player is a player to play the WIG, with an emulator you can emulate the players behavior, like GPS position. You have also a console output which can be very helpful for bugfixing. 

So the player is for players, the emulator for development. 

WhereYouGo is not completely functional on newer Android versions. Although open source, it isn't being maintained or improved.

WebWiGo is a web based player... it doesn't emulate any other players!

The Geooh Wherigo player has an optional setting to display console output to the user which was designed to help cartridge developers. So I guess you could say Geooh is a player for players and an emulator for development when using GPS spoofing to help in bug fixing... according to your definition. 

12 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

The Geooh Wherigo player has an optional setting to display console output to the user which was designed to help cartridge developers.

That is a nice feature. I would love to test the app, but sadly I have to buy it before...

13 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

So I guess you could say Geooh is a player for players and an emulator for development when using GPS spoofing to help in bug fixing... according to your definition.

With the annoying thing, that you allways have to change the app, you don't see hidden zones (I hope!) and your GPS Spoofing will not display the zones, so you may have to try it multiple times to get in.