Adventure Lab recent updates

SouthernGrits

With the recent updates announced to the Adventure Lab geofencing, this is going to affect a LOT of adventures. Some adventures are in areas of historical significance, but which have limited cell coverage. If it weren't for the ability to have a wide geofence around the area, players may not be able to open the stages prior to necessitating a visit to gather the answer for the AL stop.  Why not grandfather in the ones already made and published and reduce the geofencing going forward? If the stops involve Q&A vs Multiple Choice, let them be. 

GSMx2 has a great bit.ly document on doing adventure labs with little/no cell service.....but if the player can't open the stage, it can't be completed. I have one with a wide geofence only for the purpose to open the stage from the main highway. The player still has to visit the location to obtain the answer.  

I propose current ALs be left as is....other cachers say we as a community don't have a voice with HQ. Prove them wrong.....

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 3
12 hours ago, SouthernGrits said:

With the recent updates announced to the Adventure Lab geofencing, this is going to affect a LOT of adventures. Some adventures are in areas of historical significance, but which have limited cell coverage. If it weren't for the ability to have a wide geofence around the area, players may not be able to open the stages prior to necessitating a visit to gather the answer for the AL stop.  Why not grandfather in the ones already made and published and reduce the geofencing going forward? If the stops involve Q&A vs Multiple Choice, let them be. 

GSMx2 has a great bit.ly document on doing adventure labs with little/no cell service.....but if the player can't open the stage, it can't be completed. I have one with a wide geofence only for the purpose to open the stage from the main highway. The player still has to visit the location to obtain the answer.  

I propose current ALs be left as is....other cachers say we as a community don't have a voice with HQ. Prove them wrong.....

From the AL builder tips:

Choose an area that has strong mobile phone coverage. This is essential for the app to work!

• Upvote 3

I'm in an area where 75% of our states roads are dirt/ unpaved. We are spread very far apart with lots of history.  This AL is in an area of historical significance to the state.  Opening the fencing is a compromise to be able to show off the history of this little 1 road town the AL is in.  

On 7/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, SouthernGrits said:

I'm in an area where 75% of our states roads are dirt/ unpaved. We are spread very far apart with lots of history.  This AL is in an area of historical significance to the state.  Opening the fencing is a compromise to be able to show off the history of this little 1 road town the AL is in.  

Lucky for you HQ changed their mind and the limit of 1/3 mile geofencing, for now, will only apply to new AL's!