China GPS location incorrect

BOO70

I am trying to use the Geocache app in Beijing, China, however the GPS location the geocache app presents is not accurate to my real location. 

I have to use 'amap' app to see my true accurate location and switch back to the geocache app to roughly guess where my location is and how far away the geocaches are away from me. 

Is it possible to recalibrate my gps location so it is accurate on the geocache app too, please? 

There are loads of geocaches here so surely not everyone experiences this issue too lol. 

Thank you 

11 hours ago, BOO70 said:

I am trying to use the Geocache app in Beijing, China, however the GPS location the geocache app presents is not accurate to my real location. 

Long story short, the Chinese government restricts the accuracy of most maps and geolocation apps, and fines companies and individuals who are not in compliance with those restrictions. I suspect that is the issue here, so I would not anticipate a fix unless/until the PRC changes the law.

You can read about it here.

• Helpful 1