Wherigo error

profiCc

Hello!

I've tried to find a Wherigo cache, but the player doesn't work ( I'm currently using WhereYouGo app on a samsung galaxy A71 phone ). I've created a new folder and matched it with the one in Wherigo app ( the one whereyougo set as deafult when I downloaded the app I couldn't access ), but it still shows me that theres no gwc file available. 

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20230608_221925_WhereYouGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_221932_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_221939_WhereYouGo.jpg

Try setting the Wherigo folder to the system downloads folder, and then downloading the cartridge again.

Likely you have not actually created a /storage/emulated/0/Wherigo/ folder (note the leading slash: this means it is relative to the entire root of the phone's filesystem) so the app cannot find the cartridge.

Hm, actually both should work. Maybe there are missing permission.

You can try to go to your phone setups, and look what permissions are set for WhereYouGo. Make sure that storage is allowed. 

Another thing you can try ist to download the gwc in the app. Therfore you have to enter your username and password in the app settings, klick on the link to an Wherigo and choose WhereYouGo as app to open the link. Then your can download the cartridge.

Then look where in your Filesystem there cartridge is, or if there is shown an error which is more helpful. 

3 hours ago, capoaira said:

Hm, actually both should work. Maybe there are missing permission.

You can try to go to your phone setups, and look what permissions are set for WhereYouGo. Make sure that storage is allowed. 

Another thing you can try ist to download the gwc in the app. Therfore you have to enter your username and password in the app settings, klick on the link to an Wherigo and choose WhereYouGo as app to open the link. Then your can download the cartridge.

Then look where in your Filesystem there cartridge is, or if there is shown an error which is more helpful. 

I don't think it has permission, but I don't know how to give it...

And yeah I've entered my username and password, and it worked before, but now when I redownloaded the app it doesn't...

And when it worked, it would say logging in, instaling, and than an error..

Screenshot_20230611_135128_Permission controller.jpg

Edited by profiCc
On 6/11/2023 at 1:52 PM, profiCc said:

I don't think it has permission, but I don't know how to give it...

The best is, you google that. When I explained it there is to much which can lost translation. There are maybe also differences between the different OS versions 

On 6/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, capoaira said:

The best is, you google that. When I explained it there is to much which can lost translation. There are maybe also differences between the different OS versions 

All I've found I already know, in the app it just doesn't show it requires that permmission, so I can't give it. But its probably unsolvable right now:

Screenshot_20230615_081308_Google Play Store.jpg