Magellan Explorist 110 - Can it still be used to download caches?

I have not used my Magellan Explorist 110 in 7 years.  When I have my GPS unit properly attached to my laptop as indicated on the Magellan screen, all I see on my laptop screen to click on when I have opened a cache is "send to Garmin".  I downloaded Garmin software, but resulting message when I try to send cache to my GPS unit is that my device is not compatible.  Please tell me what I need to do to send caches to my Magellan.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, MECHNSM said:

I have not used my Magellan Explorist 110 in 7 years.  When I have my GPS unit properly attached to my laptop as indicated on the Magellan screen, all I see on my laptop screen to click on when I have opened a cache is "send to Garmin".  I downloaded Garmin software, but resulting message when I try to send cache to my GPS unit is that my device is not compatible.  Please tell me what I need to do to send caches to my Magellan.  Thanks!

I haven't used my Magellan device in a few years either, but the Garmin software isn't going to work with it.

For my Magellan device, I always ran a PQ, downloaded the ZIP file, unzipped it to get a pair of GPX files, connected the Magellan with the USB cable, and copied the GPX files to the device. I haven't done it in a while, but I looked it up and the main GPX file goes in the Geocaches directory/folder, and "wpt" in its filename goes into the Waypoints subdirectory/subfolder.