Geocaching Memories!

vogelly

Good Morning fellow cachers, for the last several weeks I've been scanning my geocaching calendar for anniversary memories. I.E., I go back 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc until I've reviewed all the caches found on a particular date. The problem is, with over 16 years of caching, this is time consuming and boring. Does anyone know an easier way to get to a particular date without going back month by month. It would be great if geocaching.com would have a memory review thingy like facebook has. Just saying..................................mike (vogelly) 

Do you use GSAK?  If so, this is simple for premium members.  Load your "All My Finds" pocket query into a GSAK database, sort by "date found," and scroll away.  Or, use a date filter to view finds on a particular date or time period.  I did this just the other day as we plan for our attendance at GeoWoodstock on May 27th.  I'm planning on making that Giga Event my 10,000th find, and I was curious to compare the date to five years earlier, when I attended GeoWoodstock Giga in Cincinnati.  That was the day I met my wife, and I've since moved to Cincinnati!  See screenshot below.  If you view any cache in the list, you will see just your own logs on that cache.  It makes it easy to stroll down memory lane.

image.thumb.png.28d34b12f22ca2c39d87bf09915a51c7.png

• Helpful 2
On 4/23/2023 at 9:22 AM, vogelly said:

Does anyone know an easier way to get to a particular date without going back month by month.

As an alternative to using GSAK, you can also use the native search function on the website.

Go to the search page. Click on the "Filters" box.

In filters, under "Found status" (second column from the left), click on "Found by me." At the bottom of that column, under "Found date," you can pick a date range or a specific date.

Using this, I looked up all the caches I found on my 40th birthday.

(Edit: I think using this link, everyone will find the caches THEY found on my 40th birthday, so, enjoy!)

Edited by hzoi
  • Helpful 1