Five alarm geocaching alert

38 minutes ago, WhiteRockBob said:

Oh no, what will we do.  Tupperware might be going out of business

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/tupperware-could-go-out-of-business-company-warns-rcna79115

Wait, never mind, everyone just hides those stupid little nano things these days...

That makes me sad...not for the loss of possible Geocache container (I don't recall EVER finding a cache with a genuine Tupperware brand container), but for the fact that my Grandmother (who is 93 and still kicking) used to be a Tupperware lady back in the 70s & 80s. I remember her regularly holding Tupperware parties that my mother would attend. To this day, my Grandmother still has cabinets in her kitchen filled with some very unique Tupperware products. 

And if by "stupid little nano things" you mean bison tubes, I don't hate those. Nor do I hate the itsy bitsy teenie tiny magnetic nano containers that require the use of tweezers to extract the logbook. Everything has its place. Of course, finding an ammo can is fun, and finding a 5-gallon bucket is even better, but those are kind of hard to hide in an urban environment.

Edited by Vicious Cycle
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vicious Cycle said:

That makes me sad...not for the loss of possible Geocache container (I don't recall EVER finding a cache with a genuine Tupperware brand container), but for the fact that my Grandmother (who is 93 and still kicking) used to be a Tupperware lady back in the 70s & 80s. I remember her regularly holding Tupperware parties that my mother would attend. To this day, my Grandmother still has cabinets in her kitchen filled with some very unique Tupperware products. 

Yeah, despite the cliche that geocaching is "using billion-dollar satellites to find Tupperware in the woods," actual Tupperware doesn't really make a good geocache container.

We've got genuine Tupperware® products in our kitchen, but the MLM approach of Tupperware parties had to have suffered during the lockdowns. And frankly, there are lots of other options at brick-and-mortar stores and online, so the competition had to be fierce.

• Upvote 3