[BUG] Wrong date in My Finds Pocket Query GPX file

tuxah

I use the GPX file to check for several challenges and I recognized, that some statistics in Project GC and my own statistics differ.

The investigation finally found the bug. It's in the GPX file.

Example: I attended the event GC8NNZ5 on 2022-07-21 but in the GPX file the date is 2022-07-22

Extract from GPX file:

<Groundspeak:log id="1112131979">
          <Groundspeak:date>2022-07-22T00:00:00Z</Groundspeak:date>
          <Groundspeak:type>Attended</Groundspeak:type>
          <Groundspeak:finder id="7672394">tuxah</Groundspeak:finder>

This is wrong and thus my own challenge checkers give wrong results!

Please FIX ASAP.

Thanks!

• Helpful 1

It seems that this mainly happens with events and thus I just thought to use the hidden date as a workaround until I found this event: GC7FBHP

Most attended at 2018-02-28 as I did but some attended a month later and the listed event date is 2018-03-26 !

But it definitely was at 2018-02-28 as can be read in the listing: "28.02.2018 ab 18:00 Uhr"

Maybe the database is corrupted...? Or was it a mistake of the event owner?

• Helpful 1
6 hours ago, tuxah said:

I use the GPX file to check for several challenges and I recognized, that some statistics in Project GC and my own statistics differ.

The investigation finally found the bug. It's in the GPX file.

Example: I attended the event GC8NNZ5 on 2022-07-21 but in the GPX file the date is 2022-07-22

Extract from GPX file:

<Groundspeak:log id="1112131979">
          <Groundspeak:date>2022-07-22T00:00:00Z</Groundspeak:date>
          <Groundspeak:type>Attended</Groundspeak:type>
          <Groundspeak:finder id="7672394">tuxah</Groundspeak:finder>

This is wrong and thus my own challenge checkers give wrong results!

Please FIX ASAP.

Thanks!

I don't have an explanation for this one. I see that you logged it on Jul/21/2022 20:45:12 and the date or time on the Event was never changed.

It's also not a time zone issue, so getting to the bottom of this will require further time. As this seems to be a one-off so far, I'm don't have a timeline for when that would happen.

If you find further examples and or other players chime in with similar issues, that may help bump this in priority. 

6 hours ago, tuxah said:

It seems that this mainly happens with events and thus I just thought to use the hidden date as a workaround until I found this event: GC7FBHP

Most attended at 2018-02-28 as I did but some attended a month later and the listed event date is 2018-03-26 !

But it definitely was at 2018-02-28 as can be read in the listing: "28.02.2018 ab 18:00 Uhr"

Maybe the database is corrupted...? Or was it a mistake of the event owner?

I do however have one for this one.

This Event pre-dates us enforcing that Events could only be logged with the date that matches the Event date.

The date on this Event was never changed either, so the date discrepancy must have slipped through the cracks when the Event was published.