Mystery cache reveals the location of the final!

Halina23

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with my first ever mystery cache...I had posted the (arbitrary) virtual location (question mark) above the waypoints area, and then the parking spot and actual physical geocache in the waypoints area. After the cache was reviewed and published, I found my mystery cache question mark to be directly above the final location of the physical cache! No matter how I flip the coordinates and spots, that question mark won't budge to the arbitrary virtual location, and keeps sticking to my actual final. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, Halina23 said:

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with my first ever mystery cache...I had posted the (arbitrary) virtual location (question mark) above the waypoints area, and then the parking spot and actual physical geocache in the waypoints area. After the cache was reviewed and published, I found my mystery cache question mark to be directly above the final location of the physical cache! No matter how I flip the coordinates and spots, that question mark won't budge to the arbitrary virtual location, and keeps sticking to my actual final. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you might have set your final location as your "corrected coordinates" at some point, perhaps when testing the checker. When you go to the cache page on the website, do you see the coordinates in italics like this?

image.png.2bca752f4cca9c0ed40c15a85280bebe.png

If you do, click on the pencil icon and then click on Restore to to the right of the original coordinates.

image.png.6c407d1813297dd45c8a099dee14e3d3.png

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Helpful 1

Hi there! Thank you for the help- but I never see italics in my solution checker, or an option to edit the solved coordinates.

Here is what I have as my mystery cache setup....it all looks good here, and then the question mark is right over my final location!

2023-03-26_22-04-46.jpg

Edited by Halina23
26 minutes ago, Halina23 said:

Hi there! Thank you for the help- but I never see italics in my solution checker, or an option to edit the solved coordinates.

Here is what I have as my mystery cache setup....it all looks good here, and then the question mark is right over my final location!

No, go the cache page on the website, not the cache editing page. It should look like this:

image.png.9691b305e6d9c3fe0a86014cdb4498b7.png

What do you see in the coordinate field just below "This is a Premium Member Only cache"? Is it the coordinates I'm seeing or your final's coordinates? If the latter, click on the pencil icon then click on Restore.