Printing info sheet

mnloon

We've become known as the TB rescuers in our area. When we find one we bag it, print an info sheet to include showing the goal. Recently, for whatever reason the name of the trackable at the top of the geocaching info sheet prints %20 between every work in the trackable's name (we assume this is the formatting code). How do we eliminate this in the future? 

Here's an example:

This is no ordinary geocaching trading item!

Superman%20and%20Oogie%20Boogie is a Oogie Boogie Travel Tag Travel Bug, traveling from geocache to geocache on a very specific mission.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
10 hours ago, mnloon said:

We've become known as the TB rescuers in our area. When we find one we bag it, print an info sheet to include showing the goal. Recently, for whatever reason the name of the trackable at the top of the geocaching info sheet prints %20 between every work in the trackable's name (we assume this is the formatting code). How do we eliminate this in the future? 

Here's an example:

This is no ordinary geocaching trading item!

Superman%20and%20Oogie%20Boogie is a Oogie Boogie Travel Tag Travel Bug, traveling from geocache to geocache on a very specific mission.

While you wait for a bug fix, check this out:

I just now found a Chrome Extension called "Edit Webpage", installed it in my Brave browser, and directly edited a TB info page.  I placed a space in place of the "%20" things and made another minor edit to the info sheet, which can then be printed as usual.  The red underlines in the screenshot don't print, they're from the spellchecker while editing.  I might keep this extension, since particularly with these info sheets, I tend to wish I could edit them before printing.  If you have access to Chrome or Brave, and are willing to try this, give it a shot and see what you think!

Screenshot-(112).jpg

In the case of the Kunavagen, I never placed it into a cache container for people to take, so there was not actually the need for an info sheet.  But you get the idea. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 2
On 1/6/2023 at 5:32 PM, kunarion said:

While you wait for a bug fix, check this out:

I just now found a Chrome Extension called "Edit Webpage", installed it in my Brave browser, and directly edited a TB info page.  I placed a space in place of the "%20" things and made another minor edit to the info sheet, which can then be printed as usual.  The red underlines in the screenshot don't print, they're from the spellchecker while editing.  I might keep this extension, since particularly with these info sheets, I tend to wish I could edit them before printing.  If you have access to Chrome or Brave, and are willing to try this, give it a shot and see what you think!

Screenshot-(112).jpg

In the case of the Kunavagen, I never placed it into a cache container for people to take, so there was not actually the need for an info sheet.  But you get the idea. :anicute:

Thanks so much. This worked very well. Cheers!