Just an interesting observation

Jayeffel

I was looking over Caches to find based on Project PC's chart of days that I did log finds. I currently have twenty open days and the dates kind of surprise me.

I live in southern Pennsylvania where weather can play an important part in even going outside the house to go caching. I would have expected the most caches to be found in late spring to early winter. But my entries show otherwise.

I have one cache to find in January,  one in February,  and March , April, May, September, October, November, December are all filled.

That leaves the three summer months with better days as the months with less finds, June I need eleven, July I need three, and in August I need four.

I would have expected to see maybe March through October filled, with the winter months the ones needing attention!

I guess lawn maintenance etc. interfered too much. Last year was not real good for caching, my wife was in the hospital or a nursing home for about 10 1/2 months and I felt bad about going caching when we was confined to a bed. She is doing a lot better now but still has health issues, maybe I can get her to ride along. 

I did manage to get four new caches this month, last year none in January , and know of one new cache - if someone jumps on that very soon as FTF I may wait a few days until the open day in January to go for that one. (edit: Could not wait!)

I hope all have a great caching year both finding and hiding.

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Love 1

Best wishes to you and your wife. Hopefully she is able to join you.

A number of years ago, I started a concerted effort to fill my 365/366 calendar. I did great, until one day when it was thunder and lightning, with a heavy rain. Since then, I have not gotten back to filling it in. I'm good through September, but have a lot of days in Oct, Nov and December to fill in.