username or password incorrect , iphone7

shaker962

OK so 4 or 5 weeks ago my app stopped letting me pass the login screen with the incorrect username or password

it the same username or password that I've had for a while, It was working before

I've tried rebooting the phone

uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

I have opened the geocaching program on my PC and coping and pasting the stuff over to my phone

holding phone up to the screen and comparing username and password are exactly the same.(so i don't think it's the iphone keyboard 

I typed all this out about a week ago here and submitted it. yesterday I received a message saying before it could be viewed by others i had to have an account. lol I've had an account for 17 years

I cache mainly with my GPS (like all real cachers do) but it would be nice to have the phone for when i'm not in a pocket querie area

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1

it seems to be ok now ,  I had to email password to my phone copy and paste it into the password box. despite looking at it many times and not seeing any errors that worked

holding phone up to my pc and looking at my geocaching website and phone password side by side I could no see and difference

Thanks 

PS I still don't know why it changed?

2 hours ago, shaker962 said:

it seems to be ok now ,  I had to email password to my phone copy and paste it into the password box. despite looking at it many times and not seeing any errors that worked

holding phone up to my pc and looking at my geocaching website and phone password side by side I could no see and difference

Thanks 

PS I still don't know why it changed?

iPhones deal with symbols in strange ways.  For example, the apostrophe '  is different from ’ but you can't directly type different ones.  You may be able to change it in Settings, and that's just one example.  Maybe other typed things are affected as well.  Here's some info about the apostrophe changes.

• Helpful 1