Brave Canadians Needed for Travel Bug Rescue in B.C. Mts

jackbear

My travel bug, The Rocket, who is participating in the Coast to Coast Travel Bug race is in danger of being stranded on Idaho Peak for the winter. You see the trail to the peak is open from July to September, according to the cache page. The rocket will be trapped unless someone is able to rescue it from this peril and send it on its way. Looks like the road to the trailhead is difficult, and maybe a 4x4 would be wise. Who is the brave hero who can do this?

Grrrrrrrrr...

jackbear

Unfortunately for The Rocket, all forestry roads and access to the back country in southern BC are closed due to fires or the risk of fires. There is a maximum penalty of CDN$10,000 and/or 6 months prison for defying the closures. The ban is in place until September 15 but, unless there is a lot of rain between now and then, is likely to be extended.

Gorak

The last time I was in the Sandon area was about 3 years ago near the end of September. It was still quite warm and the backroads were in good shape. I'm sure the area will be accessible before winter weather sets in.

Oh, yea - no grizzlies in that part of the world. Lots of black bears and cougars, though.

Gorak