Dates are wrong on my Leaderboard

Rosa Mundi

I've been noticing this behavior for a while and don't think it's a big deal, however, I can see how it would affect scoring at the time the Leaderboard resets, as well as maybe Signal's Labyrinth. Here's what I'm seeing:

Using yesterday (7/6/2022) as an example, I found 8 caches and logged them immediately. All the logs show correctly on my dashboard as well as the cache pages as being logged on 7/6/22. However, when I look at the Leaderboard it shows only 6 of those as logged on 7/6/22, and the last two as being from 7/7/22, which is today - but I haven't found or logged any caches today. This continues on the further back I go, for example I found 8 caches on the 4th of July, while I did not go caching on the 5th, but it shows 2 of those I found on the 4th as being from the 5th. Furthermore, I had previously logged one of those on the 4th as a "found", but it was a challenge cache that I only later realized I didn't fully qualify for, so I change my "found" log to a "note". This has correctly updated everywhere else, except for the Leaderboard where I'm still being awarded 25 points for the find. These wrong dates continue on back the further I go: on 6/23/22 I logged 5 caches, two of them are correctly shown on the 23rd, the other three are showing as the 24th, a day which I didn't cache at all.

Is this perhaps just a time zone difference thing from where I live (California) and where the website servers are located and timeset for? Doesn't seem like that would really be it since my logs on the actual cache pages are showing on the correct dates, and since I cache and log my finds during the day, it's not anywhere close to midnight where the date change would be affected.

Edited by Rosa Mundi
1 hour ago, Rosa Mundi said:

I've been noticing this behavior for a while and don't think it's a big deal, however, I can see how it would affect scoring at the time the Leaderboard resets, as well as maybe Signal's Labyrinth. Here's what I'm seeing:

Using yesterday (7/6/2022) as an example, I found 8 caches and logged them immediately. All the logs show correctly on my dashboard as well as the cache pages as being logged on 7/6/22. However, when I look at the Leaderboard it shows only 6 of those as logged on 7/6/22, and the last two as being from 7/7/22, which is today - but I haven't found or logged any caches today. This continues on the further back I go, for example I found 8 caches on the 4th of July, while I did not go caching on the 5th, but it shows 2 of those I found on the 4th as being from the 5th. Furthermore, I had previously logged one of those on the 4th as a "found", but it was a challenge cache that I only later realized I didn't fully qualify for, so I change my "found" log to a "note". This has correctly updated everywhere else, except for the Leaderboard where I'm still being awarded 25 points for the find. This wrong dates continue on back the further I go: on 6/23/22 I logged 5 caches, two of them are correctly shown on the 23rd, the other three are showing as the 24th, a day which I didn't cache at all.

Is this perhaps just a time zone difference thing from where I live (California) and where the website servers are located and timeset for? Doesn't seem like that would really be it since my logs on the actual cache pages are showing on the correct dates, and since I cache and log my finds during the day, it's not anywhere close to midnight where the date change would be affected.

I don't think the leaderboard corrects itself when you change your log from a found it to something else. 

6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I don't think the leaderboard corrects itself when you change your log from a found it to something else. 

Thanks for the info. Not my main issue, the wrong dates are, but at least that explains one thing :)

Seems weird to me that the Leaderboard doesn't update with log type changes, as it could easily be manipulated by cheaters. Not that the scores on the Leaderboard mean anything really, but since it does exist and I imagine that some people do care about their scores, this seems like an odd loophole.

Yes, I have incorrect dates too! 

I briefly checked a friend's dates on the leaderboard and they are incorrect too. 

Just noticed that one of them has the date I logged it, not the date of the Find, but I don't think that has any relevance. I was waiting to know if my answers were correct first.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1

Still happening. I notice it's been this way as far back as I can see on the current Leaderboard, and I remember it was doing this on the last Leaderboard before it reset as well. Any day where I have more than a few finds, they are split up over two days, the first few being shown on the correct date, the following ones being shown on the next day - apparently I'm a time traveller who is able to cache from the future! 

I just noticed an incorrect date in my leaderboard for a multi I found yesterday (the 13th). My log on the cache page has the correct date but the leaderboard shows it as the 12th.

image.png.62255d99c108b1fd6ad12b2a8f91e8c2.png

Curiously, the caches I found on the 8th were actually on that date, the only difference being that I logged those on the website after I got home whereas the one on the 13th, being a FTF, I logged immediately via the app (at 10:15am).