Where Can I Place My Cache? (newbie) (Lindsay, Ontario)

theglowbugfamily

icon_smile.gif WE just found our first cache the other day in a conservation area. (Ken Reid Park, Ontario). I would love to place a cache, but it seems like there are very few spots I could actually do so. I know you cannot place two caches in the same area (within .10 mile of one another) so I'm stumped.

I'd love to get some more traffic to the area regarding geocaching. Does anyone have any ideas for this particular area or suggestions?

I want the cache to be a faily easy terrain etc.. as most around here I have seen are a little challenging.

Thanks for any help or suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Crystal, Dan & Zoey

Welcome to caching!

Tripper has placed a few nice caches along the rail trails in the Peterborough areaTrestle Rail Trail is a nice one that we finally did this weekend. I'm sure there are some good hiding places along the old rail trails around Lindsay. It would be nice to have caches all along the Trans Canada Trail system! Check out the above cache and maybe Peterborough's First and Indian River Rail Bed to give you some ideas.

Happy trails,

Donna G

Caches are real easy to hide.....and yes you can place them close to another cache...i have found all sorts of caches only meters away from one another....micro caches are real easy to hide....just find yourself some of those little magnetic boxes that you hide keys in.....they are great for placing under mail boxes or wherever icon_cool.gif

I lived in Lindsay as a kid. That was a long time ago but I can remember lots of places to hide caches (if they are still there). Remember .10 miles is only 160.9 meters or a 6 or 5 iron away. If the cache density is that high maybe you don't need any more caches in your area. icon_eek.gif

FarSideX

Took tupperware container - Left nothing.

Hi and welcome to Geocaching. If you have any questions, you can email me directly at cache-tech@GeocachingAdmin.com as I will be reviewing your cache submissions. I also keep strict attention to the 0.1 mile rule as well as all of the other guidelines, like what not to put into a cache (food, a knife (pocket or utility are the most common), fireworks). Hope you enjoy this hobby/sport as much as I do, have fun.

Cache-tech

Eastern Canada Admin

Cache-tech

Eastern Canada Admin