TB movement - notifications

SeekTheCache

Hi everyone!

Is there some way to select that I want to be notified whenever there is movement on a TB that I own?

My TB was grabbed from my iventory in January. I got a notification of this. Since then I got nothing else, so I was thinking that it had no movement logged since.

I was about to send a message to the geocacher who is holding it, asking them to release it when i noticed that the TB has already moved around a lot.

image.png.5c248722c2d1a21cca7f4ccac56e73d9.png

This geocacher has logged dozens of visits, the TB has travelled over 12000km and I received no notifications of its movements.

What am I missing? Can anyone help?

Thank you

Yep, you don't get notifications for visits. This could be good, as you would get heaps! I suspect HQ don't want to have to deal with people whinging about getting emails about their long forgotten TB. I would like to see it as an option, then filter them into a separate inbox, to peruse occasionally.....

• Helpful 1

IIRC, besides the cacher holding the trackable hostage for months/years on end, "visiting" it to every cache found as their own personal mileage tracker, the option also allowed automatic logging, and some of those people had a couple of other people's property.

For reference, let's say 32 notifications telling you what the cacher(s) did each day, again for months/years, and without pics...there's no telling whether that person even had any of those trackables anymore.

All over a function made to make it easier for the few people that Dropped/Retrieved to caches (dipping...) at the time ...

In my experience, the "best" solution is to buy more TB's. My first purchase was four (I needed to pay postage, so wasn't worth buying 1 or 2). When you only have a few, you become emotionally invested in them. I was constantly checking up on my first four and fretting about what was happening to them (or not happening!)

I'm now up to 23 (and using proxies instead of sending out originals - that's a complete other essay) and I'm much more relaxed about what happens to them individually. Plus I'm more likely to get an email about one of them being picked up / dropped off if there are more of them.

Edited by Darwin473
Added link
  • Funny 1
  • Love 1