Previous formatting changes are lost when re-editing cache description

SawaSawa

When preparing cache descriptions, various format changes, eg. font type and size, image size, borders and alignments are supposed to be stored when pressing Save or Save and View. However, if having exited the editing mode, I re-enter to do some more editing, almost always (although strangely not every time!) these formatting selections have gone and I have to reformat all over again. This is very frustrating and a waste of time and effort, eg. resizing, bordering, spacing and aligning - often multiple - images, which all seem to revert to a large format, unbordered centred image. This is not something which used to happen in the past.  I would really appreciated some advice about how this problem could be avoided. The only way I can mitigate the frustration is to complete all the photo imports and other cache description stuff - and leave any formatting to the final step. Of course this is fine - until I need to re-edit at some later stage when it usually happens again!

• Helpful 1

It sounds like you are switching between the WYSIWYG and the HTML ("source") editing mode.

When you do that, there is a warning that pops up that some things may get lost. That can be the case because your input is sanitized to ensure proper interpretation in the other format. Like you say, how much depends on the specific content on the page.

Overall, this is expected behavior. In order to avoid this, stick with one editing format and leave the editor in said format.

5 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

It sounds like you are switching between the WYSIWYG and the HTML ("source") editing mode.

I've observed this with size settings in images using solely the WYSIWYG editor. For example, on GC914ZN I've used the Adventure Lab logo as provided from the downloads and resized it to 500 pixels across:

image.png.2e0c36c3bed1994887ad91bbc83b1c01.png

But if I go back into the editor, those settings immediately disappear:

image.png.e063bf49e4d92fccd132fcb2f66b71ae.png

• Helpful 1