SF Bay Area Cache Suggestions

DenaliNW

I'll be visiting home again here real soon, and wondered if those in the Bay Area could suggest some caches for me to visit. I'll be down briefly in late July to visit my mom, and then again over Thanksgiving for a longer visit. I will be staying in Danville, but having grown up in South Bay am familiar with most areas down there.

I'm looking for memorable, must see caches as well as those that can be done rather swiftly, but are worth the stop. Difficulty is not a real issue, and if there is a good puzzle cache down there, I may be able to start now, and finish over Thanksgiving.

Thanks

Hi Pepper here I have a few suggestions and I belive the folks in the area would all agree.

Bog, Log, Polywog GC5797

Magic Trig GC614B

Zebra with a Sunburn GC5C4D

Stars & Stripes GC68AB (mine, just placed)

Stumped GC16FO

Stumped again? GC26EC

These caches are all very fun with a twist, and very close to where you will be staying, check um out.

Team SuperGenius

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

I agree with Pepper about all of those, but if you get over the Alameda/Berkeley/Richmond area I would also recommend these:

Dog Day Afternoon (GC1338) Great views of the bay.

Bullsi (GC22D9) A very interesting location.. be careful

Volcanic Labyrinths (GC15D2) Another interesting location

Turkey Shoot (GC22D1) A good hike, and an interesting hiding technique.

See Planes in Alameda (GC5E1F) an excuse to wander around an old navy base.

Minsy (GC464D) for the same reason.

Hope you have a good time caching...

-- Mitch

There are several in the Las Trampas Park which is near Danville. They vary in difficulty from easy to hard. Stumped! is my favorite in that park, and is my most memorable after 80+ finds. Car 54 Where Are You, is another fun cache in Danville. The rest on Pepper's list are all good caches to hit.

Will cache for food

Ah, that would be wonderful. I've been a Giants fan for as long as I can remember, and while I find myself screaming at them this year I would never willingly turn down an opportunity to go to a game. Saw a game versus St. Louis in the opening season of the park, and absolutely loved their new confines. Kind of missed freezing my butt off at Candlestick, but not that much. Last year caught a game up at Safeco Field (another beautiful ballpark) versus the Mariners, and my brother and I enjoyed the win by the Giants - our home team.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions to date. I will be hopefully looking for a few of these in my quick two day July trip.