CA. Geocoin?

Bob&TheGang

Is ther a California geocoin?

If not, are there any plans for anyone to make one? I see some people from other states got one made. I just picked up an Oregon Geocoin the other day in San Diego.

Does anyone know anything about this?

- Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears

"To me, Geocaching is the thrill of the hunt and going to neat places (you might not go otherwise); its NOT what you actually find in a cache."

I've only seen two custom coins in my travels. (1) A poker chip with the Geocaching logo on one side and a world with ''Cache The World * Geocaching.com'' on the back. (2) a Kablooey Cache Coin. Both are wonderful trade items.

I think a California Geocoin is a great idea but have never heard any talk about any. We're still waiting to get a state quarter minted. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Green Achers:

Here's another I ran across. http://www.usageocoins.com/. I wonder if there's any in caches. In fact, I wonder if Geocaching knows they're ''Official''?

_Bill of Green Achers_

The Geocoins are Official, they have numbers on them and you log them in like they are travel bugs. I have found one and that is what I did.

HappyFrog

Good to know about the Official Geocoins. I just never saw them on the Geocaching links page nor the sales page.

Now, about that California Geocoins... Assuming no one makes them, how would a cacher go about getting one made? Hum... I'll bet there's a Geocacher that either has the ability or know someone that has the ability.

How about a laser design in an aluminum disk about the size of two bits? Even a simple design will do... bonus points if it has traceability - but not required.

Bill of Green Achers

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill