Distance of an Adventure Lab Cache

Tourer

1 hour ago, Tourer said:
How can I know at the start of an Adventure Lab cache the approximate distance I will be leaving for? How can I know if it is a walk or bike tour? So far I couldn't find any info about this. 
Can someone tell me where this is indicated.

If the owner didn't put it in the description you have to figure it yourself by using Google Map.

18 minutes ago, HHL said:

these so-called crappy maps lacks a scale

Yes, unfortunately, this is correct.

Here is my workaround:

Open the app

scroll down until you see the dots and a blue square with a white arrow.

click this square

a window comes up asking "open with?"

click "maps"

now you see the map with a scale bottom right and the start of the AL.  By looking at the map you get a rough idea about the distances.

523912632_bluesquare.thumb.jpg.905170c61351ed540a5546928e697516.jpgmaps.thumb.jpg.397538a40f5cbcb1f1ce7312710b43ad.jpgscale.thumb.jpg.9e3bb8f0e51c174ef6cc631f05dd44f8.jpg

• Upvote 1
On 10/5/2021 at 6:38 AM, HHL said:

In fact: no, as these so-called crappy maps lacks a scale. :rolleyes:

Here's another example (if more are needed), this being a fairly new one (new enough to get the gear symbol) just north of Newcastle.

573939584_Screenshot_20211214-091920_AdventureLab.jpg.bbc573b5d4fd1181c955f1e9c3de45b7.jpg

At first glance of the map I'd have thought that maybe it would be a walk of one or two kilometres, but no, according to the description it's 10km and, if I tap Read more, I see that it's recommended to be done by bike. I just don't understand why the developers think scales are unnecessary clutter. A map without a scale is useless!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2