Bay Area Phone-A-Friend

robotman

Hey... has anyone ever volunteered to be a "Phone-A-Friend" for the Bay Area in case someone gets stuck at a cache site? It would be nice to have an "emergency" contact person for those caches that you just can't locate even though they're right in front of your face. I had a close call today and felt a bit helpless. Fortunately the cache fell out of the structure I was under and hit me on the head and I found it! icon_rolleyes.gif

If you'd be willing to let me call you in desperate times (which I've never had in 70 caches so far... but I've been close), can you please email me with your phone number?

I'm also happy to give my phone number out to less-experienced cachers who need a hint to a cache that I've been to before.

Or if this all sounds like a terrible idea... just let me know. I'll only resent you for a hard cache or two. icon_razz.gif

John

The Robot Family

I've used a life line or two during the past 200 finds. If you can just get the 50/50 to work, you're happy sometimes. At Disneyland they use ''Phone a Complete Stranger.'' I've been willing to do that also.

Networking does help from time to time but I always feel guilty. That's why I rarely use it. To begin your ''Phone a Friend'' list, I suggest you either attand a Geogathering or better yet, put one on. There's nothing like meeting soemone to get into a network. [Oh, you can also creat a really difficult cache and include you phone number in the spoiler. That works too.]

Good luck on your continued adventure and if you ever make it out to the central valley (CVC - Central Valley Cachers), feel free to send me a note and we'll work you in as well.

Bill of Green Achers

''Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!''

--Benjamin Franklin

quote:
Originally posted by The Robot Family:

Hey... has anyone ever volunteered to be a "Phone-A-Friend" for the Bay Area in case someone gets stuck at a cache site? It would be nice to have an "emergency" contact person for those caches that you just can't locate even though they're right in front of your face. I had a close call today and felt a bit helpless. Fortunately the cache fell out of the structure I was under and hit me on the head and I found it! icon_rolleyes.gif

If you'd be willing to let me call you in desperate times (which I've never had in 70 caches so far... but I've been close), can you please email me with your phone number?

I'm also happy to give my phone number out to less-experienced cachers who need a hint to a cache that I've been to before.

Or if this all sounds like a terrible idea... just let me know. I'll only resent you for a hard cache or two. icon_razz.gif

Well, I don't know why, but I seem to be the default Bay Area "phone a friend" person. Marky, bthomas, vdbalamo, kablooey, Jay Caine & Becca, LilDevil, and others have called me while out on the hunt. What confuses me is that I only gave my phone number to two of them! So maybe one of them would be able to help you with my #? icon_wink.gif Just kidding... I can provide it to you if you want. Can't guarantee I'll always be at a computer though. I can also help with webcam caches (as I did with LilDevil).

I have also helped certain SoCal cachers and Indiana cachers on occasion... Sigh... HI DRU AND FUZ!

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

Geocaching blog

San Jose, CA

I'm pathetic. If I'm not out looking for a geocache, I'm usually at the computer. So if you want a Phone-A-Friend who can give you a minor amount of help (or at least moral support, help on those webcam caches, etc.) by all means drop me an email and I'll give you my phone #.

Kreebelle, who apparently has no life beyond the Internet and her GPS (oh yeah, and the 3 kids and the dh)

Kreebelle