Fence issue

str8upcacher

Created a new AL yesterday and made it live. Then found an issue with one of the locations, which I removed and replaced with another. Now, with the new location only (and none of the other locations) I can see the answer prompt from well outside the set fence limit (like 50 kilometers away, with a fence of 20 meters!).  I have tried changing the fence size, taking the AL offline and then reenabling it, but nothing seems to allow me to correct the fence issue. 

37 minutes ago, str8upcacher said:

Created a new AL yesterday and made it live. Then found an issue with one of the locations, which I removed and replaced with another. Now, with the new location only (and none of the other locations) I can see the answer prompt from well outside the set fence limit (like 50 kilometers away, with a fence of 20 meters!).  I have tried changing the fence size, taking the AL offline and then reenabling it, but nothing seems to allow me to correct the fence issue. 

Did you delete and then add a new location, or just edit the one with the problem?

20 minutes ago, str8upcacher said:

I deleted a location and added a new one

That's the ONE thing you're never supposed to do. You can edit each location as much as you want, but (I'll look for the quote) deleting a location and/or adding another disrupts the experience.

I do not know if this is what may be causing your fencing issue, but doing so DOES cause issues. I'm just guessing here.  The reason could be something entirely different.

Adventure Lab builder guide delete or add location.png

Edited by Max and 99
58 minutes ago, str8upcacher said:

Tech support suggesting uninstalling and reinstalling the AL app, and that did the trick. Not sure why, but all is OK now. 

That is good to hear! I'm glad that fixed the geofencing issue.

56 minutes ago, str8upcacher said:

In future, I guess if an AL location needs to be removed/replaced, I will just overwrite it rather than deleting and creating a new location. 

Definitely! You can edit a location all you want.