Geocaching made the front page of the Herald

nickie218

Cool! Nickie, are you the Nicole in the article? Did the author come with you to the cache site? I thought she did a fabulous job of describing the sport. I was curious if she has done any geocaching on her own or if she was excited about it enough to get started.

My son was excited because the blue squirt gun mentioned in the article is what he traded in to the cache when we found it. (Our little claim to fame...haha).

Thanks for sharing the article! icon_cool.gif

I saw it and was in it. icon_wink.gif I was mentioned at the end and was also the ftf on the Magellan treasure hunt. A photographer met my wife, my daughter and myself at the location of the treasure and took a few pics for the Herald. Ths Sunday special edition that comes out on Saturday had the pic on the front page.

The Magellan treasure was still there and still has 7 or 8 hat coupons still left.

Wow! I don't usually regret not subscribing to the Herald but this is one of those rare times that I wish I had picked up a copy at the newsstand.

Somebody reported that the Magellan treasure box was missing (see the last log in the Trinidad Treasure logs). If you saw that it was there more recently than they reported it missing, you might want to post a follow-up note so that others can keep going out to get the hat coupons. I got my hat a couple of days ago...wooo-ooo!

We have so many new/recent geocachers in the South Florida area maybe it's time for an EVENT cache so everybody can meet...anybody want to plan one? icon_rolleyes.gif {whistling and looking around innocently}

Congrats on being the big winner! Did you get your prize yet?

Looking forward to meeting all of you one of these days...

Yes, that was me she mentioned in the article, I brought her out to the site w/ me last Thursday, the weather was horrible. I know that this was her first cache, I hope she does more on her own. I love the Herald and they have an annual "Herald Hunt" every year, go to Heralhhunt.com or tropichunt.com which is a fellow geocachers site for the "hunts"

Thanks for those websites, Nickie, I had heard of the Herald Hunt because of the local geocache by a similar name but never fully understood what it was all about. We're going to give PinkFloyd's Tropic/Herald Hunt Tribute geocache a try this weekend (and possibly next weekend as well...) to get in shape for the next Herald event. It sounds like so much fun!