Map countdown missing on Android app upgrade

The newest update to the geocaching app appears to have disabled the "countdown" feature as you approach a cache while looking at the map. You can click off and back onto a cache repeatedly to get the distance, but it's no longer automatic. I can only get the countdown to happen if I'm using the compass feature within a particular cache (but then you don't see the map), or if I ask it to navigate to a specific waypoint (again, accessed by going directly into an individual cache). Am I missing something? Is there a toggle where I can ask it to show me the distance in real time? This is quite debilitating and annoying!

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
6 minutes ago, Kerewin0430 said:

The newest update to the geocaching app appears to have disabled the "countdown" feature as you approach a cache while looking at the map. You can click off and back onto a cache repeatedly to get the distance, but it's no longer automatic. I can only get the countdown to happen if I'm using the compass feature within a particular cache (but then you don't see the map), or if I ask it to navigate to a specific waypoint (again, accessed by going directly into an individual cache). Am I missing something? Is there a toggle where I can ask it to show me the distance in real time? This is quite debilitating and annoying!

You cannot even rely on the compass feature right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1