upload only new drafts

frostengel

Hello,

there are two versions of the draft uploading feature at the website (https://www.geocaching.com/account/drafts), an old and a (not so very) new one.

The old one (which you get if you "opt out" the new one) has this important feature (red highlighted box):

grafik.png.04899f077a9b99975d4954fab9a12b07.png

I uploaded my drafts at that point in time and so now only the newer ones are uploaded and several thousands of old drafts are ignored as they have been upload before.

In the old version you get there by clicking on "Upload my drafts (field notes)" - then you can use this check box and search the visits.txt on your device and upload the drafts.

In the new version the "Upload drafts" leads directly to my windows explorer so I can search the visits.txt.

grafik.png.2934adefed6e6707279801abc45bf0f2.png

When trying to upload the drafts it says that I can't upload more than a thousand drafts at a time as it wants to upload all those drafts from the last years. I don't want to! I don't want to upload the old drafts again (and again and again...). And - in fact - I don't want to open the visits.txt each time to delete the uploaded drafts by hand.

Is there any way to say this new version not to upload already uploaded drafts or - that would be an alternative - to delete the uploaded drafts from the visits.txt so the next time they are gone?

At the moment this new version is unusable for me and I have the fear that at some time Groundspeak will stop using the old version - which is much better. :-(

Hopefully that's an easy question and if the answer is that this doesn't work at all then it's a bug in my eyes.

Thanks in advance!

Jochen

Delete the geocache_visits.txt file from your Garmin after uploading the "Drafts" to the web page. That way the geocache_visits.txt file only holds the current new finds. I did it that way (actually: GSAK does it for me) since years without any issue of loading "old" finds.

Hans

Edited by HHL

Good morning Hans,

as I said:

7 minutes ago, frostengel said:

I don't want to open the visits.txt each time to delete the uploaded drafts by hand.

Sure, if there is no other way and they won't use the old version any more (which works fine) I will do this. That's my plan D. (Plan A: use the old format which works good for me as long as possible; plan B: hope that there is still a solution in the new version which I don't know; plan C: ask Groundspeak to implement it. ;-))

That's such an obviously needed feature in the old version I can't understand why it's not in the new one?!

Thanks for your reply.

Jochen

45 minutes ago, HHL said:

I said: Delete the geocache_visits.txt file. IE: the entire file.

Oh, well, you are right - I misread your post. I am sorry.

That's slightly easier but still it would be better if the option existed.

Thanks again. Maybe someone else knows a solution. At the moment - as Hans is an expert - it seems there's none. :-(