Getting Caches on Garmin Oregon 700

stpauliguy

I have been having a hell of a time downloading files to my Oregon 700. Specifically purchased this for ease of doing so.... I was able to get my first handful of gpx files manually, but since then have not been able to download any to my unit. I signed up to be a premium member, hoping that would be easier and to get more caches at once. I have made lists I can't get onto it, either manually or through garmin express and when I try and download a query, it puts it in a loc file?? Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks

1 hour ago, stpauliguy said:

I have been having a hell of a time downloading files to my Oregon 700. Specifically purchased this for ease of doing so.... I was able to get my first handful of gpx files manually, but since then have not been able to download any to my unit. I signed up to be a premium member, hoping that would be easier and to get more caches at once. I have made lists I can't get onto it, either manually or through garmin express and when I try and download a query, it puts it in a loc file?? Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks

There's a learning curve.  First "Run" the Pocket Query by selecting a day for it to run (such as the current day) and wait.  It will appear as a Zip file in the "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" tab.  Unzip typically to two GPX files, place the files into the Garmin/GPX folder on the GPS.  That's what I almost always do, and while doing that I also delete old files from the GPX folder.

Untitled-1.jpg

There's some setup required for Garmin Express, but once set up, that's a way to send Lists to a Garmin.  I have several Lists that I then created as Pocket Queries, so I can send any files manually with ease.

You could instead download Pocket Queries (once available for download) and Lists, directly to your wifi-connected Oregon 700 without the need for USB.  https://www.gpsrchive.com/Oregon 7x0/index.htm

Edited by kunarion