Spring Maintenance!

Deckyon

Wow, so went out this weekend to get some caches logged near me and man, the recent snows and rains have played havoc with the caches.  I ended up having to replace disintegrated logs in a few.  I did flag them for Maintenance and sent the owners some messages.  Hopefully the paper I put in will hold up long enough until the owners can get back.

But, it was a beautiful weekend out for caching - clear skies and temps between 45 and 55.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see you easily got back into the swing.  Thanks for NMs too.  That doesn't happen much around here (then I'm the mean guy...).    :)

Keeping my fingers crossed... After 21" of snow and 30s, then 3-6" every-other day for two weeks, it's finally gonna melt some this week.

Was walking on top of it still today (at 32 degrees). Tomorrow through Friday it's in the 50s, so Ill be wading in it.   :D

Snow high enough I still can't see GZ for one of mine that's been inactive a while (maintenance guys working), might be fixed soon too.

You have to put quality plastic out there, or Ma Nature will take no prisoners! :) I was out scouting for new hide spots today, and saw the first Skunk Cabbage sprouts coming up. If you're not in my area that won't mean much, but for us yokels it is a sure sign of Spring! Let the melt continue...

I dont have any placed, but yeah, gotta make them as watertight as possible.

I went out this weekend because it was pretty much a perfect weekend for it - 50's in the afternoon, mostly dry ground excelt for the lowlands.  The Ohio is still at flood stage, but inland from it was fine.  Knocked out 10 this weekend, and 3 of them had logs that were pretty much disentegrated. A couple others were on the cusp.  Thinking about putting some pill ziplock bags in my kit.  Use a few strips of Write in the Rain paper to replace the damaged logs.  Once the river goes down, there is a ton of caches along the waterfront parks.  Love the high density locations.

• Surprised 1