Logging using the App - feature

Is it possible for the 'APP' people to look at adding a pop up window for all new cachers so that when they go to log a cache it reads 
"Have you signed the physical logsheet/book - you must do this prior to logging this cache as found online - Yes/No"

Have this pop up for the first 20 or 50 cache finds until they finally get the message - they would not be able to continue to log unless they clicked 'Yes'

The number of times I have questioned finders of my caches and more often than not, new cachers who have never been on the website so just using the app are not aware of the requirement to sign. I have even had newbies telling me 'Yea didn't sign them - We’ll claim them nonetheless"   !!!
Knowing that they are aware of this requirement as this pops up every time they go to log a cache - would make it so much easier for COs to explain why and not have to justify any actions taken. 

Tim

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 2/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, Deepdiggingmole said:

Is it possible for the 'APP' people to look at adding a pop up window for all new cachers so that when they go to log a cache it reads 
"Have you signed the physical logsheet/book - you must do this prior to logging this cache as found online - Yes/No"

Have this pop up for the first 20 or 50 cache finds until they finally get the message - they would not be able to continue to log unless they clicked 'Yes'

The number of times I have questioned finders of my caches and more often than not, new cachers who have never been on the website so just using the app are not aware of the requirement to sign. I have even had newbies telling me 'Yea didn't sign them - We’ll claim them nonetheless"   !!!
Knowing that they are aware of this requirement as this pops up every time they go to log a cache - would make it so much easier for COs to explain why and not have to justify any actions taken. 

Tim

Not a bad idea.

I haven't had many(or any that I know of) problems with this on my caches, some of my caches have more logs in the logbook than online.