Bonus Caches

gtracy1958

21 minutes ago, gtracy1958 said:

If I want to create a bonus cache for my Adventure Lab Cache does it have to be done at the same time or can I add a bonus cache after my Adventure Lab Cache goes public?

You can do whichever you choose!! You most certainly can get the bonus cache published after the adventure lab goes public. Usually the reviewer will work with you to publish them at the same time if you choose to do that.

If you specify the bonus location information in your AL, then people will be expecting to find it.

You could add the bonus information to your AL later (but early AL finders will probably never see it).  That wouldn't be the 'friendliest' approach, and there's an issue with seeing who found your AL after the first 10 finders on the 'Leaderboard', so you wouldn't have any way to identify and notify AL finders 11+ unless they post a review on your AL.

If possible, better to time the two to occur together.  If you get your bonus placed, you can request that your reviewer hold publication until the date you are ready to "Public" your AL.

Edited by ecanderson
  • Surprised 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

You can do whichever you choose!! You most certainly can get the bonus cache published after the adventure lab goes public. Usually the reviewer will work with you to publish them at the same time if you choose to do that.

The reviewer here won't publish a bonus cache unless the AL is already public, making it a bit of a chicken and egg problem. He usually publishes batches of caches every three or four days so I've just waited for three days since the previous batch then set my AL to public and submitted the bonus. We've all come to expect that there'll be a delay of maybe a day or two between getting the new AL notification and getting the new cache notification for the bonus. Hopefully at some point, HQ will figure out a more streamlined way to do this.

14 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

The reviewer here won't publish a bonus cache unless the AL is already public, making it a bit of a chicken and egg problem. He usually publishes batches of caches every three or four days so I've just waited for three days since the previous batch then set my AL to public and submitted the bonus. We've all come to expect that there'll be a delay of maybe a day or two between getting the new AL notification and getting the new cache notification for the bonus. Hopefully at some point, HQ will figure out a more streamlined way to do this.

You're right. I didn't state that very well. My reviewer told me to let him know when I plan to make the AL public, and he'd publish the Bonus Cache about the same time.

1 minute ago, ecanderson said:

Shouldn't be any harder than a reviewer timing caches to events -- easier, actually.  Only one bonus cache   Some events have 20 or more caches associated with them.

The difference is that the reviewer can see other caches, he/she cannot see the AL as easily. He/she is often relying on you to say that it's been made public.

In some ways, it is easier!