LOUISIANA CACHERS!!

TJ Willy

icon_cool.gif

Will all that is interested in being notified when the new site www.lageocaching.com is up, please send me their email address by emailing: phil@lageocaching.com. I am rushing to get the site ready before our fall event. I am also ordering shirts, Short and Long Sleeve - I really need to finalize the order this week to have them for the event. White with the LAG logo. (From Russell) I will also need a count of those planning to attend the event first of October. Lots of stuff coming soon. Buck8pt, Sabaharr, AlexM, (and maybe ClayJar if he will get back to me) will be contributing writers for the news LAG Newsletter available very soon. Steve has already submitted his article and it is quite good. SO - send me an email with your email address and I will get all this information out to you. Go ahead and indicate in the email if you will want a shirt or not. Advise size, number, short or long sleeve. I got a good deal for the relatively small number of shirts I think I will order. I anticipate them being no more than $12/13 for short and $15/16 for long sleeve. Big X sizes (XXL, XXXL) will be $1 more.

Thanks again!

Phil

Cache ON!

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by rpecot:

Where and when is the fall event? I'd be interested in attending if I had a chance to do a little planning/scheduling. I tend to zone out some times, so it's quite reasonable that I missed this.

Rumor has it that the "event" is on October 5th and 6th with the official meeting at 9:00am on the 6th. (I hope I'm not disclosing anything that's fixin' to change, but Phil said he'd be posting it on 9/12).

While I don't know the specifics of the event planned, the location is the Evangeline Camp in Kisatchie, which I think is somewhere in the area of the Wild Azalea cache... Primitive tenting with "improved" restroom facilities nearby.

Hopefully Phil will "Phil" us in more before then. icon_smile.gif

alex

The event is first weekend of October meeting at 9:00 am. I went out to Evangeline Camp to get the coordinates but there were crews out there working. I have not posted the event yet, b/c I wanted to MAKE SURE that area was open before telling everyone something that was wrong. I am going back tomorrow to see if the area will be open.

I have sent out several emails but only a few people (like two or three) have replied. Russell, I thought you were on the list??? Maybe not. I will double check my sent mail file.

At any rate, I will have some new caches setup and shirts there. I have posted other information on this board about the event earlier and no one replied. To be honest, I began wondering if it was worth it. Doug told me though that sometimes it takes a while for anyone to respond. We will see. Look for the posting tomorrow on geocaching.com

quote:
Originally posted by lageocaching:

I have sent out several emails but only a few people (like two or three) have replied. Russell, I thought you were on the list??? Maybe not. I will double check my sent mail file.

Like I said, I have been known to space out from time to time icon_rolleyes.gif

Count me in for now. I've been to Kisatchie once and would be up for some camping in a few weeks.

quote:

I went out to Evangeline Camp to get the coordinates but there were crews out there working. I have not posted the event yet, b/c I wanted to MAKE SURE that area was open before telling everyone something that was wrong.

1. Open Mouth

2. Insert Foot

icon_smile.gif

quote:

Clickhttp://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=36505&Nocache=0.7055475 to log your intention to make it or not!!

WooHoo! icon_biggrin.gif Here we go!

Phil

I wonder how many will "Camp the night" and how many will take the "My mom told not to spend the night in the woods with a bunch of strangers carrying happy meal toys" route?

I don't know what I can't wait for the most... The event itself or the stories it generates afterwards. icon_smile.gif

???

Cant wait to see how it all unfolds.

ForestFrog and myself can be counted on to be there for the long haul.

Heck Im even thinking about bringing ol Bouillon along.

Im with Alex on the Stories..

I think well have a blast just sittin around the campfire sharing stories of all our GeoExperiences.

Who knows... Maybe someone will come up with a story to beat the Infamous Rang-A-Tang Lure Incident.

Hope to see you all there..

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

I am sure it will be blast, though I expected some other folks to log showing up today. Have not heard from anyone up north. Hey guys! You up there still???

Petie will be there since he is one of the "event coordinators" icon_wink.gif. He is quite the people person. Though other dogs usually find him intemidating b/c he so dang hyper.

Phil

icon_biggrin.gif

The more I look into it, the more I think I may have camped there once before (several years ago). Not sure, but it was definitely somewhere close.

Anybody up for a Sunday morning (Oct 6th) ride? Last time I was here I brought my mountain bike. I'm in terrible shape now and my skills are probably a little rusty, but I'd love to ride some singletrack. I remember the Wild Azalia Trail being a nice ride.

Anyone else mountain bike? icon_cool.gif

But I sure am planning on bringing my FourTrax.

I'd like to do some exploring, and ForestFrog and I are both tenatively planning on putting out 2 PERMANENT Caches in the area before the event.

Hers wil most likely be a Regular Cache, and Mine, well It more than likely will be a multi... icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully they will get a bit more traffic than our other new caches, Hard Water, and Little River. We will most likely place them in the next 2 weeks, and NOT POST them untill right before the event, so as to give anyone interested at the event a fair chance of being first finders.

Buck8Poin

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

Russell - I emailed you but thought I would post it here also. I will have my bike with me. I am not sure if I will have to time to ride it, but just in case, I am bringing it. I can't find my good helmet, so I may have to borrow Stephanie's. Don't worry, it is not a Barbie helmet or Hello Kitty or anything. But the bike is a Shenna - Warrior Princess Bike (No training wheels) icon_biggrin.gif

Yea, the site is up now. FINALLY. Still lots of new stuff to come. It is still a work in progres...

We have a new logo. Thanks Russell for yours in the mean time. I had this one done professionaly and it will be on the shirt... It is not a whole different because this is what I wanted months ago. Great mines think alike, plus it is kinda the obvious choice for the website.

Check it HERE.