Message system and emails

Deepdiggingmole

I get an email EVERY time a message is sent to me - Though I didn't want to as it implies I would get NO emails - I had unchecked the box 'forward messages to email' and yet I am still getting one for every message - I am happy to get one for new messages as this is a nice alert to the fact that there is a message waiting for me - however I get emails even if I am having a 'conversation'

I was under the impression that emails were to be created only if there was a new message - if it was evident that a 'conversation' was occurring with messages going back and forth then these did not generate a new email - this is obviously not the case though I am sure this is what had happened before 
Can this be clarified or considered

Thanks

• Funny 1
6 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

I had unchecked the box 'forward messages to email' and yet I am still getting one for every message - I am happy to get one for new messages as this is a nice alert to the fact that there is a message waiting for me - however I get emails even if I am having a 'conversation'

There are two separate settings in different places that control Message Centre emails. The "Forward messages to email" one in Message Centre itself only applies to messages you've sent:

image.png.2ae125f1fd0995c8dc43a8363a00208e.png

The other setting, which controls emails for messages you receive, is in your account settings under Email Preferences:

image.png.3af886eff058d111b6a6b526867ab278.png

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2