Corrected Coordinates not showing "Nearby"

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have an Oregon 750t.   If I correct the coordinates for a cache, for example after solving a Puzzle, and look for Nearby caches when out in the field, and know that I am only yards from the actual location of the cache, it does not appear in the list of caches Nearby.  I have to search for it by Name.

Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated.

In the GPS, the new coordinates you enter create a temporary geocache named "Next Stage." It's linked to the GC code of the cache you were updating the coordinates for, so if you mark "found" it will mark the original cache listing as found. But the coordinates in the original listing on the GPS don't get updated.

If you update the coordinates on the website and then re-import the cache either directly via API or through a GPX download, the updated coordinates will follow with the rest of the cache details.

Yes, it's a pain in the butt. I suspect Garmin has their reasoning for making it work this way, but it would be nice if updating the coordinates/entering the next stage on a geocache in the unit would just move that geocache somewhat permanently.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1