Release Notes (Website: Editor for profile description settings) - June 18, 2020

Release Notes (Website: Editor for profile description settings) - June 18, 2020

With today’s release, we are adding a WYSIWYG editor to make it easier to edit your profile description, including uploading images.

Kt8v6RIk9otS_sqnelIinYds3wsDrZhPiaf--FeF

• Existing profiles default to the source code view. To see the user-friendly WYSIWYG editor, click the “Source” button.

• When you switch from source code view to WYSIWYG editor, you will see a note that your code might change. The editor removes unsupported code. Save a copy of your code just in case.

• Once you are in the WYSIWYG editor, you can edit your profile’s description with the user-friendly interface.

• If you prefer to edit your profile description using HTML code and want to make sure to keep all your HTML code and styling, click ‘Save’ while you are in source code view.

• When you save your profile description in the WYSIWYG editor, you will see the WYSIWYG editor going forward.

• When you save your profile description in source code view, you will see the source code view going forward. It is always possible to switch back to the WYSIWYG view.

Nicole (nykkole), Product Manager, is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
14 hours ago, Geocaching HQ said:

When you save your profile description in the WYSIWYG editor, you will see the WYSIWYG editor going forward.

14 hours ago, Geocaching HQ said:

When you save your profile description in source code view, you will see the source code view going forward. It is always possible to switch back to the WYSIWYG view.

Does this mean that once you switch to the WYSIWYG editor you can never switch back to the source editor?

1 hour ago, ardila.nl said:

Does this mean that once you switch to the WYSIWYG editor you can never switch back to the source editor?

I just tested this. You can switch back and forth between the WYSIWYG editor and the source editor.

• Helpful 5

I have tried to make an ordered list, you know 1.bla bla, 2. bla bla etc. and I would like it to be a. bla bla b. bla bla. I can do this by setting a type tag in source code view, and the preview is also very good, but when i switch to preview the cache page it return to 1,2,3... how come ?

ol style="list-style-type:lower-alpha"

image.png.cbb8ef59d6e823f67f4d6987ae1745a9.pngimage.png.9ae6fdb9a5710f55393fab3ab1d7ba63.png

Edited by pli
Documenting
3 hours ago, pli said:

I have tried to make an ordered list, you know 1.bla bla, 2. bla bla etc. and I would like it to be a. bla bla b. bla bla. I can do this by setting a type tage in source code view, and the preview is also very good, but when i switch to preview the cache page it return to 1,2,3... how come ?

You're doing it the source editor (HTML), not the WYSIWYG editor, right? For the source editor, your code would have to be like this:

<ol type="a">
   <li> Test
   <li> Test Test
   <li> Test Test Test
</ol>

You would have to add the <li> tag for every new item you want in your list.

Now if you really meant the WYSIWYG editor, I can't help. I fiddled around with it for a couple of minutes with no luck. Maybe some input from GeocachingHQ?

2 minutes ago, TmdAndGG said:

You're doing it the source editor (HTML), not the WYSIWYG editor, right? For the source editor, your code would have to be like this:

<ol type="a">
   <li> Test
   <li> Test Test
   <li> Test Test Test
</ol>

You would have to add the <li> tag for every new item you want in your list.

Now if you really meant the WYSIWYG editor, I can't help. I fiddled around with it for a couple of minutes with no luck. Maybe some input from GeocachingHQ?

Yes you have to use the wysiwyg editor, in source mode., I have tried to insert above, some screenshots. The (type="a") is translated into  (style="list-style-type:lower-alpha") the first time you save.

5 minutes ago, pli said:

Yes you have to use the wysiwyg editor, in source mode., I have tried to insert above, some screenshots. The (type="a") is translated into  (style="list-style-type:lower-alpha") the first time you save.

It sounds like you're in the WYSIWYG editor mode (Maybe?). Press the button that says "</> Source" and try again.

Edited by TmdAndGG
27 minutes ago, TmdAndGG said:

It sounds like you're in the WYSIWYG editor mode (Maybe?). Press the button that says "</> Source" and try again.

No, the change has yo be made in source mode..

When you switch to wysiwig mode is seems to be OK, but when you save the edited cache and view it as a normal cache, the numbering has returned to 1,2,3

In source mode

<ol style="list-style-type:lower-alpha">
    <li>Tag her et billede der viser ....</li>
</ol>

In wysiwyg mode:

a. Tag her et billede der viser at

Final cache description:

1. Tag her et billede der viser

Edited by pli
  • Helpful 1
8 hours ago, pli said:

In source mode

<ol style="list-style-type:lower-alpha">
    <li>Tag her et billede der viser ....</li>
</ol>

In wysiwyg mode:

a. Tag her et billede der viser at

Final cache description:

1. Tag her et billede der viser

That's strange, because I tried it multiple times and it worked fine all on of them. I guess we'll just have to wait for @nykkole to chime in here.

Edited by TmdAndGG
9 hours ago, TmdAndGG said:

That's strange, because I tried it multiple times and it worked fine all on of them. I guess we'll just have to wait for @nykkole to chime in here.

Browser issue ?? I use Chrome ... Looks the same in IE11

Edited by pli
On 7/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, Tungstène said:

I believe that @pli
tries to get back to wysiwyg/rich text mode after having modified the source code. If you choose to use the editor in source mode, you should not get back to rich text mode afterwards.

I haven't tried, but it makes no sense in an iterative process, as the editor always starts in wysiwig mode.